Monday, October 09, 2006

About Planes and Me...


Hey. I'm back. Today was a busy day.. but you are not gonna know about it. Unless you want to know. Do you? OK.. if you insist! Anyways.
I went to a Travel Agency to get tickets to go to Brazil on summer. Everything was working fine. I went to an ATM, dried out my bank account, took all the cash i could and, old-fasion style, finnaly got to the travel agency with my mind on my money and my money on my mind, my pockets, sorry. Suddenly, out of the blue, when the girl that works there was scaring me with this really expensive fares and taxes and airport charges and a bunch of stuff.. when my pockets were sweting, i saw my mum walking in the sidewalk. My chance to get my tickets for free. So i started yielding really loud, but she didnt hear me. She hates cellphones. I had no choice but get out of the store, grab her arm and drag her into the store. She was stucked inthere sitting with me now.
This is the point when you say to your parents: Remember when I was 15 and I asked you if i could go to Rio and you said "once you turn 21"? im 22 now so.. pay your debt.
Of course i didn't say that before, but she thought i did. So, at 11 am i was suffering to get a 2 am flight and at 11 20 am i was booking the perfect flight, getting to choose dates, time, i even chose the window. For free. Im happy now.

I have to admit i hate flying. If buses were faster, or boat services were more efficient, i think i wouldnt ever flight. Last time i did, it was awfull.
I was obligated to go to Arica to play in a Rugby seven-a-side tournament in the Beach. So Cocacola, our main sponsor, booked us in this crapy peruvian aeroline, Aerocontinente. The advantage was that we could confirm till the last minute. But, besides that, nothing good. We had our first game at 2 pm, so we were suposed to fly overthere at 5 am. at 4 30, at the airport, this guy from the kitchen tell us that aerocontinente wasnt flying because a wheel was broken. So lame excuse.
After that they started the show. The screen said: 10 am. then 12. then 1 pm. Later 4 pm. Finally, at 7 pm, no excuses, they put us on a crappy plane. we landed in La serena, Calama, Antofagasta, Iquique and, finally, Arica. In the flight, they gave us a little box with a sandwich on it. I ate mine and traded it with the old lady sitting next to me that was deeply sleeping. she asked later why her box was empty, i answered "this crappy airline". we got to arica at 4 am. 23 hours travelling for a 2000 km trip. But that wasnt over. Arica sucked. in the tournament we did awfull. It was 3 teams from argentina, 4 from peru, 2 from the north and us. We lost every single game. We werent used to play in SAND. anyways.
Not everything was bad. We were walking downtown and we saw this pet store. This rare fish in an aquarium. I asked to the owner and he answered: "HOW COME DONT YOU KNOW THAT IS AN STINGRAY! YOU IGNORANT BRATS!". Later that day i went again with glasses and hat. and asked again. Same answer. So i say: "No, thats not an stingray". The guy got so mad he actually inserted his hand in the aquarium to probe me he could get shocked. you figure what happened. I laught for like 45 minutes.

The last day, i bought a piece of cake and chocolate at the beach. it was good. 4 hours later, i was pucking my ass off in the toilet. i dehidrated and had to travel vomiting the entire flight. the flight attender, instead of asking how was i doing, was screaming me for the vomit in the sit.
Then i got to Santiago. Never flew again. Till jan 12. Lets see what happens. Bye Carlos.

1 Comments:

Blogger Imke said...

Hey Carlos,

como estas?
Are you coming back to Santiago for Halloween???
Hope to see you on the party...

Besitos

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home